Ramadhin College, popularly known as R.D. College, was established in the year of 1969, when some pious and noble souls of Sheikhpura sat together to discuss the need of a college at Sheikhpura.
The College was named after Babu Ramadhin Singh, an ordinary farmer with a noble soul who generously donated five bigha of land and Rs 2.5 lac.
R.D. College was fortunate to have got a group of socially committed people led by Late Rajo Singh, M.P., founder Secretary of the college, who worked day and night to ensure speedy growth of the college.
R.D. College is a co-educational constituent unit of TMBU, Bhagalpur, imparting under-graduate teaching in almost all popular subjects in the faculty of Arts and Science numbering 16. The college is registered by the University Grants Commission, New Delhi under section 2(f) of UGC Act 1956.
The college is more than four decades old. It is situated in eco-friendly environment spreading over 30 bighas of prime land in the urban area. The college has well qualified, dedicated and disciplined members in each faculty of arts and science, who have published reputed research articles in the Journals of repute. The teacher- student relationship is much cordial. The college campus is free from unrest.
R.D. College located in the backward district is also proud of the fact that the majority of its students belong to the marginalized sections of the society- SC, OBC, Minorities, Women BPL categories. Special care is being taken of these sections in the form of UGC Sponsored remedial classes. The college has a rich library compressing 30 thousands books.
The college has very good arrangement both for NCC and NSS and Sports activity.
On academic front we have our limitations. As we are far short of teachers, it is not easy to spare them for research pursuits all the time because their primary job is to conduct classes which are at the top of our priority.